If you have the time and energy, a homemade diet is the best option for your Min Pin. Raw, organic and natural foods provide the vitamins and nutrients needed to keep him in optimum health. However, this type of diet is very time consuming to prepare. If you can’t even find the time to prepare healthy, natural foods for yourself, you might wonder how on earth you’re supposed to do it for your dog!
Luckily there are many different commercial pet food options that will give your Min Pin the nourishment he needs to perform at his best. But how do you know which one to choose? Follow these guidelines to find the best food possible for your Min Pin:
1. Read the labels carefully! This is the most important step and you need to know what you are looking for (and trying to avoid):
2. Find two or three good quality foods and change them up every three or four months. This will keep your Min Pin from becoming deficient in any vitamins that one particular food might be lacking.
3. Supplement their commercial diet with homemade foods whenever possible. Raw meats are a good choice, but make sure that you freeze them for 72 hours and thaw before feeding. Tofu and steamed, pureed or finely grated vegetables are other good choices. Just as you would when preparing food for your human family, follow safe food handling guidelines by properly storing meat and washing your vegetables.
4. Pay attention to how your dog reacts to their diet. Watch their weight, the condition of their coat and skin, and their activity level. If they don’t seem to be taking well to a healthy diet, discuss it with their vet.
5. If you’re dealing with a picky eater, you may need to try a few different brands before you find the one that clicks. Instead of switching brands every few months, make sure you supplement his diet with meats and vegetables to keep the vitamin content high.
Download The Miniature Pinscher A-Z Manual Now!
"Who Else Wants All 50 Minutes of My Min Pin Interview Packed with Answers to The Most Common Questions About Miniature Pinschers?"
From The Desk Of Taylor Coburn
Dear Miniature Pinscher Friend:
Min Pin lovers just like you have told me how much they've enjoyed the audio postcards with me and Min Pin Breeder Chris Smith.
And I'm almost positive you'll enjoy them too!
That's why I'm giving you an opportunity to get the complete, 50-minute long Miniature Pinscher Aficionado Expert Interview with Chris Smith.
For a limited time, you can download the entire 50-minute long interview for only $29.95.
Imagine being able to listen to the whole call as many times as you want. And imagine how much benefit you and your Min Pin will get when you extract and put to use the many tips I cover, including answers to questions like these:
How long do Miniature Pinschers live?
What's the proper diet for a Miniature Pinscher?
What do you need to know about your Min Pin's teeth?
How can you help your overweight Min Pin?
Which foods could poison your Min Pin, or even kill her?
What are some time-tested Miniature Pinscher potty training techniques?
How do you properly crate train a Min Pin?
What are common health problems among Min Pins?
And much more!